Agriculture is a key domain for territories (most of which are rural) and societies (still significantly agricultural in the South).
Agriculture’s status has moved from being perceived as a sector of the past, to a domain of topical cross-cutting issues, i.e. increasing competition for access to agrifood resources (food security, purchasing of land by foreign states, etc.), issues of protecting consumer health, preserving natural resources, maintaining biodiversity, cultural diversity and the organoleptic quality of food. A territory-based approach involves crossing these productive, social (right to food), health, cultural and environmental dimensions, i.e. upgrading environmental and health quality standards of agrifood systems at production, industrial processing and distribution levels; promoting short channels and questioning the notion of sustainable development.
The competition – or complementary strengths – between agricultural models (agribusiness, family farming, local production systems, competition between generic brands and Geographic Indications), and therefore between agricultural policies, has an essential territorial dimension.
- Agriculture models and territory building
- Public policies, agriculture and territories
- Production of standards, territories and globalised networks
- Methods and tools for territorial diagnosis.
Events between 2011 and 2017
- Date limite : 31 August 2015 – Call for papers CIST2016 - Looking for territories? [call for papers]
- 10 December 2014 - 12 December 2014 – Agricultures familiales, territoires et perspectives de développement dans les Suds [conference]
- Date limite : 26 July 2014 – Appel à communications - Agricultures familiales, territoires et perspectives de développement dans les Suds [call for papers]
- 26 June 2014 – Agricultures et relations villes-campagnes [seminar]
- 26 March 2014 - 27 March 2014 – CIST2014 - Fronts et frontières des sciences du territoire [conference]
- 17 January 2014 – Agricultures familiales et territoires [seminar]
- Date limite : 24 September 2013 – Appel à communications pour le 2e colloque international du CIST - Fronts et frontières des sciences du territoire [call for papers]
- 9 May 2013 - 10 May 2013 – Les agricultures au défi du territoire. Perspectives internationales et enseignements pour les pays du « printemps arabe » [seminar]
- 29 March 2013 – Modèles d'agriculture et construction des territoires [seminar]
- 27 March 2013 – 1er séminaire inter-axes - Autour de la ville durable [seminar]
- 28 November 2012 - 29 November 2012 – Séminaire interne du CIST - Territoires en actions [seminar]
- 20 January 2012 – Land expropriation and displacement in Bangladesh [seminar]
- 22 November 2011 - 24 November 2011 – CIST2011 - Founding Territorial Sciences, CIST Founding Conference [conference]
- 8 June 2011 – Problématiques du lien entre agricultures et territoires dans les suds [seminar]
- 4 April 2011 – Articulations agricultures et territoires [round table]